WHAT ARE AD-HOC ADVISORY SERVICES?
An Ad-Hoc Advisory Service is very much like it sounds. It is advisory help that is provided to business owners on an as needed basis. Ad-hoc advisory services are for those business owners who are looking for help and guidance but are not ready for structured coaching. In most cases, we find these are start-up businesses or soho entrepreneurs who need help with their business but who are not ready to invest or spend the time in our general business coaching starter program.
AD-HOC ADVISORY SERVICES - TARGET CLIENTS
- Start-up businesses who are not prepared for the structure or commitment of general business coaching, but need some general help and advice on a variety of topics from time to time.
- Business owners who want to discuss and get guidance on business topics or ask about specific questions on an ad-hoc basis, but are not necessarily learning the skills gained through general business coaching.
AD-HOC ADVISORY SERVICES PROCESS
- For the 1 hour - the business owner purchases 3 or 6 session packages which are good for a 6 month period. For the 2-hour sessions - the business owner purchases 2 or 4 session packages. The 2-hour subscription entitles you to email support to ask questions in between sessions for up to 6 months. Each client must sign a contract with us that covers confidentiality which will be sent prior to signing up for sessions.
- Prior to signing up for sessions,the participant will be asked to complete a questionnaire that tells us a bit about your business and what you would like to get out of your ad-hoc sessions. You will then be allowed to book your ad-hoc sessions a minimum of 48 hours in advance through our booking system.
- The sessions which are 1 hour in length - your coach will contact you via phone for each session. If you choose the 2-hour online session, then you will complete a more detailed questionnaire and you will have 2 hours online (via Zoom) with your advisor/coach. If you book a session and your coach sets aside the time and you do not show up for the session, it will count against your sessions. We require a minimum of 24 hours in advance for a cancellation. At the end you can either book your next session or you can go online and book yourself.
- How this differs from general business coaching is that the coach has not prepared a structured curriculum to solve specific issues and there is not an upfront analysis of your business. These sessions are more advisory in nature to help bounce ideas or get answers or advice about your business. The 2-hour sessions are more hands on and there is a little preparation, but it is not the same as structured business coaching where sessions build on each other and there is an upfront assessment.